Removal of construction barrier wall on I-10 scheduled for Tuesday | News
Drivers traveling on I-10 near Benson next week will be encountering some restrictions at the junction with SR90.
On August 14, ADOT will be removing temporary barrier walls that were used during construction of the new overpass bridge. The right lane of eastbound I-10 will be closed for one mile starting a half mile west of the interchange (Exit 302), which contains a segment of the newly constructed overpass bridge. The lane will remain closed from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m.
This is part of the $27.6 million project to replace the traffic interchange in western Cochise County, straighten a section of curving I-10 and make improvements to SR 90 approaching the interstate. The project is scheduled to be complete by fall 2012, but crews will have to come back in spring to apply the final asphalt to the roadway in spring 2013.
ADOT is advising drivers to proceed with caution and be alert for work crews and construction equipment.
To stay up-to-date with the latest highway conditions around the state, visit the ADOT Traveler Information Center at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1
Upcoming Events near South East Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Share your ideas about Pima County’s future at a community meeting
- Weather prompts 2 schools on SW side to release students early
- Police: Woman's body found near Cholla High School
- Sheriff: Man killed by deputy was on military leave for father's funeral
- Construction of Santa Cruz River flood control, park project begins