Bridge work continues on I-10 near Texas Canyon next week | News
There will be ongoing bridge work on I-10 near Texas Canyon this weekend and next. The following restrictions will be in place during the construction:
- The left lane on both eastbound and westbound I-10 will be closed for three quarters of a mile at Adams Peak Wash for bridge work.
- The right lane on westbound I-10 will be closed for three quarters of a mile at Sibyl Road for bridge and guardrail work.
- Posted speed limits will be 55 mph and message boards will notify motorists of the restrictions in advance.
These restrictions will be in place until August 17.
Additional work will include repairs on the westbound rest area of Texas Canyon, which will remain closed until September 2012, to include a new bridge barrier wll at Adams Peak Wash near milepost 309 and improvements at Sibyl Road near milepost 312.
Drivers are advised to use caution when driving in the area, be alert for construction equipment and personnel.
Upcoming Events near South East Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Share your ideas about Pima County’s future at a community meeting
- Weather prompts 2 schools on SW side to release students early
- Police: Woman's body found near Cholla High School
- Sheriff: Man killed by deputy was on military leave for father's funeral
- Construction of Santa Cruz River flood control, park project begins