Border Patrol agents seize $850,000 in marijuana | Crime
Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents seized nearly a ton of marijuana yesterday, according to a BP news release.
The bundles, weighing more than 1,700 pounds, were worth an estimated $850,000.
Douglas Station BP agents discovered the bundles in an abandoned truck, according to BP officials. The truck was found to have several bundles concealed beneath plywood in the bed of the truck, as well as in the cab.
According to BP the truck was seized and the bundles of marijuana were turned over to the DEA. The driver of the vehicle was not located, according to BP officials.
Upcoming Events near South East Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Share your ideas about Pima County’s future at a community meeting
- Weather prompts 2 schools on SW side to release students early
- Police: Woman's body found near Cholla High School
- Sheriff: Man killed by deputy was on military leave for father's funeral
- Construction of Santa Cruz River flood control, park project begins