Ft. Huachuca soldiers arrive home in time for holidays | Community Spirit
There will be many families happy this holiday season, as 60 Ft. Huachuca soldiers return from Afghanistan tomorrow.
The soldiers, from Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 11th Theater Tactical Signal Brigade (TTSB) are returning to Ft. Huachuca after an 11 month deployment. The unit was commanded by Colonel Patrick C. Dedham and Command Sergeant Major Earl B. Allen.
11th TTSB supported signal operations for the U.S. operational forces in the Combined Joint Operations Area, across the Southwest Asia area of operations. They provided communications networks, information systems services support and Information Assurance (IA)/Computer Network Defense (CND) to soldiers across the Afghan area of operations.
There will be a welcome home ceremony for the 11th TTSB at the Murr Community Center immediately following their arrival.
Upcoming Events near South East Tucson
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Share your ideas about Pima County’s future at a community meeting
- Weather prompts 2 schools on SW side to release students early
- Police: Woman's body found near Cholla High School
- Sheriff: Man killed by deputy was on military leave for father's funeral
- Construction of Santa Cruz River flood control, park project begins